Well, since I started eating healthier I have noticed a few great benefits! I am writing a lot about eating a raw/living foods diet, but that is not all I have been eating. I will eat the occasional fish, beans and/or tortilla wrap. The changes I have made in the past 4 weeks have been an improvement from some of the bad habits I had established, however my diet is mostly raw, but not 100%. I don’t think I will ever be 100% raw as there are just some things that I cannot do – like right now I don’t have a dehydrator so if I want a cracker or a wrap I have to find the healthiest version and limit the amount I eat.
This post is inspired by the writer’s challenge hosted by WEGO.
I decided to make this poster as it relates to eating raw foods, and the Top 10 Benefits I have noticed in my own body.
Eating more Raw Food has given me these benefits:
2. I can focus for longer periods of time; I don’t feel the brain fog that I would feel every afternoon;
3. I have more energy;
4. I don’t need as much sleep; I don’t know what else this could be from, but I find I can stay up later, and am not tired when I wake up in the morning
5. My hair feels thicker and is growing longer quicker;
6. My body feels cleaner; I am voiding throughout the day and know that I am hydrated due to the number of times I go to the bathroom;
7. I feel stronger; this could be because I am exercising more as well, but because I feel I have more energy I don’t feel too tired to exercise;
8. Emotional changes; aside from having more patience and more ‘even’ mood, I feel I can find enjoyment around me, even if things aren’t going so well;
9. Skin & Acne; in the beginning my face was breaking out, but now I have noticed less break-outs;
10. I am not as thirsty; I would wake up some mornings and feel like I had a hangover!
I chose my poster to read EAT RAW and Keep Calm, because as a busy mother of 3 children this is very important to me. This poster reminds me of the importance of eating healthy and how it affects my children as well. So the next time you feel like you are having one of those days that nothing is going right, and you are walking on eggshells, make yourself a nice green salad, or green smoothie or juice and see just how calm it can make you.